- This event has passed.
Group Bicycle Tour
June 25 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Meet in the parking lot behind Unruly Brewing Company every Tuesday at 6:00pm for a 90 minute group bike ride! There are five different groups to fit your biking needs and abilities and helmets are strongly encouraged. Loaner helmets are always available at City Hub Cyclery (585 W. Clay Ave., Downtown Muskegon). Unruly Brewing Co. is offering $1 off your first post-ride beer! For more information call Raymond at 231-206-6182.
There is a right-fit group for you:
- Knobby Tires – stitch together a route of alleys, trails, and backstreets.
- 8-10 mph – follow the Lakeshore Bike Trail.
- 4 mph – Goes a total distance of 17 miles through North Muskegon.
- 17 mph – Goes a total distance of 20 miles through North Muskegon (including Blockhouse Hill).
- 20 mph – Goes a total distance of 30 miles through North Muskegon (including Blockhouse Hill).
Group Ride Protocols:
- Your safety is one of your responsibilities
- Show up early
- Work with the group
- Maintain a steady pace and keep gaps closed
- Do not overlap wheels – soft pedal; don’t brake or coast
- Stay in the saddle
- Take short pulls
- Vary effort on grades
- Lead rider must point out hazards
- Signal the end of your pull
- Accelerate out of the way of the new leader
- New lead rider maintains pace
- Accelerate to smoothly return to “last rider” position
- At stop signs announce “Right Turn”, “Left Turn”, “Clear”, or “STOPPING”
- Use hand signals
- Obey traffic laws
- Announce “Car Back/Car Up”
- Ride not more than two abreast
- Ride as far to the right as practicable
- Wave and smile
- Do the safe thing