Experience Michigan’s beautiful autumn, and a fun fall tradition.
Visit Muskegon presents the 17th Annual “Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour”
This October we invite you to celebrate the vibrant colors of our woods, dunes and water…and win prizes!
Wind your way along Lake Michigan. Travel the historic West Michigan Pike Byway. And see the scenic roads of Muskegon County in all their autumn glory. Soar over a canopy of fall colors, see the sites, snap some “selfies” and discover our local shops, restaurants, attractions and more.
Downloadable Map Coming Soon
On D2D Saturdays, the White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce will have refreshments and donuts. There will also be pumpkins for the little ones while supplies last
610 W Western Ave, Muskegon, MI
Monday – Thursday 10 am – 3 pm
Friday 10 am – 2 pm
Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
124 W Hanson, Whitehall, MI
Monday – Friday 9 am – 3 pm
Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
Instructions to Enter the Contest
- Snap a photo or selfie at designated stops on the map
- Share the photo with a check-in on Facebook and/or Instagram. Include the hashtag #D2D21
- Make sure the setting is “public” so we can find your photo entry
- The more stops and check-in photos you share, the more entries you receive
- Send one Facebook message to Visit Muskegon; simply say “D2D 21” (this way we can contact you if you are a winner!)
How Will We Draw the Winners?
- Entries will be collected in a photo album on the Visit Muskegon Facebook page. Saved photos will be numbered and include the entrants name, check-in location and may also include the entrant’s comment on their original post
- Every week Visit Muskegon will use Random.org to choose a number from the album of collected photos (the more photos you share, the more chances you have to win!)
- Drawings will take place October 8, 15, 22 and 29.
- Once a photo is selected as a winner it may not qualify for further prizes. However, the same entrant may win again with a different photo(s)
- If a prize is not claimed within 5 days, it will be added to the next week’s drawing
- Have FUN!
- Art Cats Gallery
- Arts Council of White Lake-Nuveen Center
- Bird House, LLC
- Muskegon Blockhouse
- Book Nook & Java Shop
- Hackley & Hume Historic Site
- Montague Branch – Muskegon Area District Library
- Monet Gardens
- Muskegon Heritage Museum
- Muskegon Luge Adventure Sports Park
- Visit Muskegon
- White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
Specials Offered by 2021 Depot to Depot Designated Stops
- Art Cats Gallery: 10% Off All Handmade Earrings
- Bird House, LLC: 10% Off Entire Purchase and Free Wrapped Candy Samples
- Book Nook & Java Shop: 15% off Books / Buy One Drink Get One 50% / Free No-Bake Cookie Samples
- Hackley & Hume Historic Site: Free tours for Muskegon County Residents
- Montague Branch – Muskegon Area District Library: Free Take and Make Craft
- White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce: Refreshments and Pumpkins for the Little Ones While Supplies Last
- White Lake Community Library: TBD
To receive your discount or freebie, just show your paper or downloaded map
From Muskegon Historic Depot to White Lake Historic Depot:
- Business 31 north to N. Muskegon exit (exit is on the left)
- Left on Lake Ave., left on Ruddiman Dr. (turns into Memorial Dr.)
- Follow Memorial Dr. to Scenic Dr., then turn right towardsWhitehall
- Continue on Scenic, watch for the Red Rooster(take a selfie)
- Along Scenic Dr. enjoy Lake Michigan, the Blockhouse, Sand Dunes & Duck Lake
- Approach a 4-way stop and turn left on Murray Rd. towards White River Light Station.
- Leaving White River Light Station, continue straight on South Shore Dr.
- From South Shore Dr., turn right on White Lake Dr. or continue straight to the White Lake Community Library.
- From White Lake Dr. turn left on South Mears Ave. (Zellar)
- Turn left on Colby St. Visit designated stops in Whitehall and Montague. Continue to 124 Hanson St. to reach the White Lake Historic Depot.
(Total Route Approximately 30 miles)
From White Lake Historic Depot to Muskegon Historic Depot:
- Travel east on W. Hanson St. to Colby St.
- From Colby St., turn right on N. Mears Ave. then take a right on White Lake Dr.
- Turn left on South Shore Dr. (turns into Murray Rd.)
- Stay on Murray Rd. until you reach White River Light Station
- Leaving White River Light Station, stay on Murray Rd.
- Take 1st right to stay on Murray Rd. then turn right on Scenic Dr. (turns into Memorial Dr.)
- Follow Memorial Dr. then turn right on Ruddiman Dr.
- Turn right on Center St. to Lake Ave., then turn right on M-120/Bus. 31
- From M-120/Bus. 31, turn left on Third St.