Monday, April 24 at 6:00pm, come to Hackley Public Library as Doc Fletcher returns with his newest lecture about Canoeing and Kayaking College Campuses. This lecture includes paddles of:
- the Rouge River at UM-Dearborn, & by the waterfall at Fair Lane/the Henry Ford Estate Mansion
- the Macatawa River at Hope College in Holland, alongside Windmill Island and its tulip gardens
- the Red Cedar River at MSU, passing by students on riverside hammocks, by the famous landmark and gift of the class of 1873 “The Rock”, and the rapids at MSU’s Administrative Building, Spartan Stadium
- the Huron River as it winds around the Eastern Michigan University campus & beneath the wooden beauty of the “Tridge”, a 3-way footbridge in Ypsilanti’s historic Depot Town
- within the UP’s Keweenaw Peninsula that Michigan Tech calls home, the Bete Grise River takes you alongside the Mendota Lighthouse, dunes and wetlands, into the lovely Lac La Belle (French for “beautiful lake”), & offers fantastic views of Mount Bohemia.
Doc will be selling his book “Canoeing and Kayaking College Campuses,” as well as his other titles. As always, there will be a drawing for a free trip. For more information, call (231) 722-7276.